FreeBSD Port: portupgrade-2.1.3.2, 2 - help me please, the port in short time is broken again, what does it all mean ?

Hajimu UMEMOTO ume at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 3 06:40:31 UTC 2006

Hi,

sem> See my HANDS-UP message a couples days ago at the list.
sem> Old (<=2.1.1,2) portupgrade use wrong (may be a right word will -
sem> "unexpected") database format.

I don't think that old portupgrade uses wrong database format.  You
changed the default version of Berkeley DB, silently:

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/sysutils/portupgrade/Makefile.diff?r1=1.224&r2=1.225

It broke backward compatibility of .db files.

Sincerely,

ume at mahoroba.org  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/