porting an app that checks /proc/meminfo

Ulrich Spoerlein q at galgenberg.net
Fri Jan 27 02:47:31 PST 2006

Simon Barner wrote:
> Brooks Davis wrote:
> > If you want the ram used by a particular process use getrusage(2).
>
> Unfortuantely, memory usage information does not seem to be implemented on
> Linux (it certainly is on FreeBSD). Another instance of those annoying
> portability issues...

This is a big annoyance for me. I have to (somewhat) accurately track
the max. memory usage of my program, which is easily done on my FreeBSD
development machine, but it's impossible to do on the Linux machines I
have to do the runtime measurements.

Darn Linux!

Ulrich Spoerlein
--
 PGP Key ID: 20FEE9DD				Encrypted mail welcome!
Fingerprint: AEC9 AF5E 01AC 4EE1 8F70  6CBD E76E 2227 20FE E9DD