recent errors from ldconfig_compat on older freebsd 4.x system

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Thu Jan 26 14:20:52 PST 2006

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 01:14:06PM -0700, Phil Oleson wrote:
> For some reason I'm not seeing a solution, as it the questioned lines
> are looking valid to me.  Anyone have any thoughts on what it might be?

You probably have the horribly buggy make(1) still.  Try putting spaces
between the parentheses and the terms they contain and see if that helps.

None of the ports committers run a version that still has that make(1) at
this point (IIRC, pre-4.10) so this continues to be problematic.

Let us know if you come up with a working patch.

mcl