Patching problem

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Mon Jan 23 15:10:20 PST 2006

--On Monday, January 23, 2006 23:41:55 +0100 Thierry Thomas
<thierry at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Le Lun 23 jan 06 à 23:08:54 +0100, Paul Schmehl <pauls at utdallas.edu>
>  écrivait :
>> I'm working on a slave port that applies some patches that are not
>> needed  in the master port.
>>
>> Three of the files being patched are op_sguil.c, op_sguil.h and
>> op_plugbase.c.  Those files exists in WRKDIR/src/output-plugins when the
>> tarball is extracted.  How should I name these patches so that they will
>> be  applied?
>>
>> I tried patch-src-output-plugins-op_*, but that fails.  (I'm sure it's
>> because of the conflict in naming the output-plugins dir with a dash.)
>>
>> What's the workaround for this?
>
> You can set different FILESDIR, e.g. the port cad/astk-serveur.

I don't understand how this helps me.  I need to patch configure.in as well
as the three files in src/output-plugins.  configure.in is patching just
fine, but the other three are not.  I tried using the syntax in
astk-serveur (patch-dir::subdir::file), but that didn't work either.

Here's the Makefile:

# New ports collection makefile for:    barnyard-sguil6
# Date created:                         23 Jan 2006
# Whom:                                 pauls
#
# $FreeBSD$
#
PORTNAME=       barnyard-sguil6
PORTVERSION=    0.2.0

CATEGORIES=     security

MAINTAINER=     pauls at utdallas.edu
COMMENT=        Patches barnyard for sguil6

MASTERDIR=      ${.CURDIR}/../barnyard
FILESDIR=       files

.if defined(WITH_MYSQL)
USE_MYSQL=              yes
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-mysql
.endif

.if defined(WITH_POSTGRESQL)
USE_PGSQL=              yes
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-postgres
.endif

.include "${MASTERDIR}/Makefile"

And here's the contents of FILESDIR:

barnyard.sh
patch-configure.in
patch-src::output-plugins::op_plugbase.c
patch-src::output-plugins::op_sguil.c
patch-src::output-plugins::op_sguil.h

What exactly do I need to do to overcome this problem?

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member