HEADSUP: new infrastructure changes in bsd.port.mk and co

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Sun Jan 22 03:31:02 PST 2006

On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 11:26:51AM +0000, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 12:14:36AM +0100, Kirill Ponomarew wrote:
> >> * Add @dirrmtry for plists which does the same as:
> >>   "@unexec rmdir %D/foo 2>/dev/null || true".  It's now possible
> >>   to use PLIST_REINPLACE target with regexp expressions.
> >
> > I have updated, thanks to a carte blanch from portmgr, all pkg-plists
> > and other places where @dirrmtry could have been used.
> >
> > If there is a port which "make install" / "make deinstall" doesn't
> > work as expected but it did first, let me know and I'll fix whatever
> > mistake I've made (with a backout of the change in the pkg-plist
> > is worst comes to worst)
>
> Presumably this change requires a corresponding change in the pkg tools
> supplied with the system?  And earlier system versions should install
> sysutils/pkg_install?

Internally (in bsd.port.mk), @dirrmtry is translated into an "@unexec
rmdir %D/foo etc". The theory is that one day, pkg_create will
understand @dirrmtry (and all new and exciting @commands) and then
the internal translation can be removed.

But we're not there yet, and I think this will be here for a long
long time.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org