Add distinfo in +CONTENTS?

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Tue Jan 17 19:24:04 PST 2006

Hello folks,

What do anyone think of add distinfo (filename, md5, sha256 and size) in
the +CONTENTS?

I think it will gaining more features for our third party apps to use it
such as portupgrade, portmaster, and etc can clean the old or un-use
tarballs in the distfiles more correct. Also, maybe add a new flag in
pkg_add that can display the full info that look like distinfo, so if
author, developer or whatever want to know what kind of tarball you have
used in case if they re-rolled tarball w/out have your or maintainer
knowledge.

Cheers,
Mezz

FreeBSD GNOME Team