Distfiles and FTP Traffic-Shaping

Hajimu UMEMOTO ume at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 17 09:22:12 PST 2006

Hi,

barner> Doug Barton wrote:
> Stefan Walter wrote:
>
> >MASTER_SORT_REGEX already exists. From my /etc/make.conf:
>
> Interesting. How would you teach this to avoid a certain site?
> Unfortunately, the first site in the sourceforge mirror list has an IPv6
> address, but fetch can't talk to it for some reason, so my connection hangs
> for a while before that site times out and another is tried. I tried the
> following, which I didn't think would work, and was not disappointed. :)

barner> I use the following line in make.conf to enforce the use of IPv4:

barner> FETCH_CMD=fetch -4

Perhaps, you want to try IPv4 1st with not only for fetch(1).  If you
are using FreeBSD 5.3 or later with IPv6 enabled kernel, please try
ip6addrctl(8) instead.  You can configure to see IPv4 address 1st
using it.  Just putting ip6addrctl_enable="YES" into your /etc/rc.conf
without ipv6_enable="YES" do the trick.

Sincerely,

ume at mahoroba.org  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/