c-client port and php5-imap "clash" ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Mon Jan 16 12:40:56 PST 2006

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, Alex Dupre wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>
>> Not sure what changed where, but php5-imap is currently broken:
>>
>> configure:4180: error: Cannot find imap library (libc-client.a). Please
>> check your c-client installation.
>>
>> which is installed, but with a slighty different name:
>
> This is not a problem, the configure checks for c-client4, c-client and
> imap libraries. I've just configured php5-imap without problems, you
> should look in the config.log to see why it fails on your system.

I did in the original, but, giving a few lines before:

configure:4030: checking for crypt in -lcrypt
configure:4060: cc -o conftest -O -mcpu=pentium -pipe    -L/usr/lib -lcrypto -lssl -rpath=/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib conftest.c -lcrypt   >&5
configure:4066: $? = 0
configure:4070: test -z
                          || test ! -s conftest.err
configure:4073: $? = 0
configure:4076: test -s conftest
configure:4079: $? = 0
configure:4092: result: yes
configure:4180: error: Cannot find imap library (libc-client.a). Please check your c-client installation.

----