All php ports maintained by Ale missing long descriptions

Beech Rintoul akbeech at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 15:05:50 PST 2006

<SNIP> Rude Comments

The last time I looked FreeBSD was a volunteer project. If the port
descriptions don't satisfy you, take some initiative and edit them. I'm sure
the maintainer will look and possibly commit them if your job is
professional. Just because you don't understand what a particular port is
doesn't mean the rest of us don't. I would much rather see the maintainer
actually maintaining the ports not writing training pages for newbies. There
is lots of documentation for most of the ports online. When in doubt, Google
is your friend.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - System Administrator - akbeech at gmail.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | NorthWind Communications
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://akparadise.byethost33.com