All php ports maintained by Ale missing long descriptions

fbsd_user fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com
Sun Jan 15 10:23:24 PST 2006

On Sunday 15 January 2006 18:42, fbsd_user wrote:
> The answer to your smart ass question is YES.
> That long description field is there for a purpose.
more
> easy to use.
> It is not the readers job to guess what the port does.
> So if you don't have any value to add to this post please keep
your
> silly thoughts to your self.
> You only make your self look like a fool and waste peoples time.

	First, you didn't need to send this to -ports.
	Then, you could have been a bit more polite.
	Finally, as a long time FreeBSD user and smart person, you
	could have used the usual way to report such a problem
	using send-pr or its web front-end.

--
Florent Thoumie
flz at FreeBSD.org

***********************************

oh yea chastise me instead of Marc G. Fournier who was the rude
person.

I posted to ale at freebsd.org maintainer instead of posting a send-pr
when this is not a problem but a question and I was giving him a
opportunity to explain him self first.

Situation looks like the maintainer made error and replaced all the
php ports long description contents with his default content.
Hopefully the maintainer can reverse his error and repopulate with
the original ports  long description content. Even if original php
ports  long description content were blank, loading it with the
content he did is waste of disk storage space.