New /bin/sh based script to manage ports

Sat Jan 14 05:40:23 PST 2006

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 03:45:10 -0800
Doug Barton <dougb at freebsd.org> wrote:

> > An option to update all outdated ports on the system would be nice.
>
> This is done too now, although it turned out to be a lot harder than I
> expected. It required redoing how some of the internal stuff worked, but in
> the end it made the whole script better, so I'm glad I pursued this. As an
> extra bonus you can now do 'portmaster -af' and it will force an update of
> all ports on your system, starting with the leaves.

"Leafes" as in "those ports which no other ports depends upon"? If yes:
are you sure this is a good idea? Wouldn't you think a better approach
would be to start with those ports, which depend upon no other port (=
"root" ports in my terminology)?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
   "One world, one web, one program"  -- Microsoft promotional ad
         "Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuehrer"  -- Adolf Hitler