BUg on latest mysql40-client portupgrade. (gld 1.6_1 )

Mike Jakubik mikej at rogers.com
Fri Jan 13 12:38:37 PST 2006

Jack Raats wrote:
> Since the latest mysql40-client port upgrade, I'm getting a mysql error:
>
> Jan 13 20:04:33 orac kernel: Starting gld.
> Jan 13 20:04:33 orac kernel: /libexec/ld-elf.so.1:
> Jan 13 20:04:33 orac kernel: Shared object "libmysqlclient.so.12" not found, required by "gld"
>
> Can anyone help me or give me a clue?
>
> FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE and mysql-client-4.0.26_1
> GLD 1.6 gives the error

This is a problem with GLDs and mysql's startup script, it needs to be
updated to reflect the changes with RCng. I'm not sure who can do this,
there is no port maintainer for this program. Someone will have to file
a PR with the script. The mysql problem has already been discussed and
PRs have been filed, i don't understand why it is taking so long to
commit the fixes.