New /bin/sh based script to manage ports

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 7 00:50:11 PST 2006

Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> Doug Barton pí¹e v èt 05. 01. 2006 v 02:21 -0800:
>> Howdy,
>>
>> I've been working on a new script to manage ports. I've put up a web page
>> about it at http://people.freebsd.org/~dougb/portmaster.html
>
>> Comments welcome,
>
> Looks nice. BTW flz was reimplementing portupgrade in /bin/sh some time
> ago, but his fairly advanced work never got published.

I imagine that would be a large, and painful task. :)

> Does it have an interactive mode (request confirmation from user before
> every upgrade)?

It doesn't now, but if there is demand for that, I can add it.

> s/shold/should/ typo

Thanks, this is fixed.

> Make it a port once you're happy with it.

Will do. I think I'll wait about a week or so to give more people a chance
to review/test/etc.

> I'll let my workstation rot few days and once I have some interesting
> upgrading situation, I'll give it a whirl.

Great, I'll be interested in any feedback you might have.

Doug