FreeBSD Port: sysutils/smartmontools (more RCng problems)

Mike Jakubik mikej at rogers.com
Fri Jan 6 16:28:37 PST 2006

Doug Barton wrote:
> Mike Jakubik wrote:
>> This is yet another port that does not work properly because of the
>> recent RCng commits in 6-STABLE. Smartd does not startup on bootup,
>> it has to be manually started.
>
> Ok, I installed this port and tested it myself, and the problem is the
> hard coded value of smartd_enable at the top of the script. For
> reasons I don't quite understand yet, hard coding the value in the
> script affects the boot-time operation of the script differently than
> on the command line.
>
> The good news is that the fix is simple:

I tried the patch, but its looking for smartd.sh.in for some reason when
trying to install.

root at mail:/usr/ports/sysutils/smartmontools# make install
===>  Installing for smartmontools-5.33_4
** Missing /usr/ports/sysutils/smartmontools/files/smartd.sh.in for
smartmontools-5.33_4.
*** Error code 1