mail/qmail make reinstall fails

Spil Oss spil.oss at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 28 06:20:13 PST 2006

Hi Renato,

FreeBSD beastie 6.0-STABLE FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE #1: Tue Jan 17 12:53:38
CET 2006     root at beastie:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BEASTIE  i386

Built just after I cvsup-ed my src tree

Tried a bit more, and there's ways it does work.....
in /var/qmail
`ln -s alias/.qmail-postmaster alias/.qmail-mailer-daemon`
breaks it

in /var/qmail/alias
`ln -s .qmail-postmaster .qmail-mailer-daemon`
works

Probably I've taken this from 'Life with qmail'  Chapter "2.8.4.
Create System Aliases"
Just above http://www.lifewithqmail.org/lwq.html#test

Potentially I made a mistake here... I have seen the file listed as
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  qmail  23 Feb 28 14:56 .qmail-mailer-daemon ->
alias/.qmail-postmaster
But that won't work.
That would be a reason the 'touch' fails and assumes that the file
doesn't exist.
Life with qmail also specifies a full path for .qmail-mailer-daemon.

Sorry to have bothered you, I should have investigated further before posting.

Kind regards,

Spil.