libtool note in UPDATING

Tue Feb 28 03:27:25 PST 2006

Am Mon, 27 Feb 2006 20:46:41 -0500
schrieb Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org>:

> > >Basically, portupgrade -a should be OK (but watch out for the perl
> > >upgrade as well, i.e. read that entry too).  If you run into problems
> > >let us know; I'd like to refine that entry with a working prescription
> > >before the release.
> >
> > I doubt the 'portupgrade -a' will working on any ports that depend on
> > glib12, gtk12 and etc.
>
> Probably those all need portrevision bumps since the libraries changed
> name.

And interested parties can help to identify those ports by installing
sysutils/libchk and running it after the first "portupgrade -a" and
after (re)moving the libs in /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg. The resulting
output will list files or libs which point out missing libs. You can
then use "pkg_which <file>" to identify the port which needs to be
rebuild.

Bye,
Alexander.

--