What broke with libtool upgrade? (devel/apr-svn)

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at people.tecnik93.com
Mon Feb 27 21:39:11 PST 2006

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:28:32 -0800
Ade Lovett <ade at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Feb 27, 2006, at 20:50 , Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> > Somewhere, somehow ./configure picks bash if in PATH and uses it as
> > CONFIG_SHELL (I build the port by
> > mv /usr/local/bin/bash /usr/local/bin/back.tmp; make); why does it need
> > to do this when CONFIG_SHELL=/bin/sh in CONFIGURE_ENV  I can't tell.
>
> Ah hah!
>
> Because the port Makefile target is using:

And, of course, I was scrathing my head looking in config* to understand
why it picks bash and not sh.

>          cd ${WRKDIR}/apr-${PORTVERSION}; \
>                  ${SETENV} ${SCRIPTS_ENV} ${SH} ./configure $
> {CONFIGURE_ARGS}
>          cd ${WRKDIR}/apr-util-${PORTVERSION}; \
>                  ${SETENV} ${SCRIPTS_ENV} ${SH} \
>                  ./configure ${CONFIGURE_ARGS} ${APR_UTIL_CONF_ARGS}
>
> Those two references to ${SCRIPTS_ENV} should be ${CONFIGURE_ENV}.

Changed all _three_ to CONFIGURE_ENV and it passed a make install :)

> However, given that things have worked in the past, this would
> suggest that there is something of a flaw in the current bash port.

Strange.

--
IOnut - Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"

All your people must learn before you can reach for the stars.
		-- Kirk, "The Gamesters of Triskelion", stardate 3259.2