What broke with libtool upgrade? (devel/apr-svn)

Ade Lovett ade at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 27 20:30:27 PST 2006

On Feb 27, 2006, at 20:09 , Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> I'm getting bug reports (ports/93896)
>  about devel/apr-svn and devel/apr not compiling.
> These ports haven't been touched much recently, but
> there seems to be something that has been triggered by some libtool
> related work in the ports tree.  Any idea what exactly broke as a
> result
> of this?  I hate debugging libtool/autoconf.

As has been somewhat extensively discussed on IRC, it appears to be
the second call to configure in the rather convoluted "run-autotools"
overridden target not being correctly passed the '--with-apr=<X>'
configure flag, or the '<X>' value being mangled, or otherwise broken.

The libtool related changes to this port are two-fold:
   * adding two files to pkg-plist
   * updating the PORTREVISION appropriately

That's it.  libtool hasn't actually gotten around to be being used at
this point (libtool-related configure step failures are *very*
obvious in nature :).

It's also worth noting that pointyhat builds the package just fine:

http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-6-latest-logs/apr-
db4-1.2.2_3.log

-aDe