gnomedb, libgda, gal: can't find libg*12 but have libg*-12

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Mon Feb 27 17:38:46 PST 2006

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:18:13 -0600, Chris Shenton <chris at shenton.org>
wrote:

> "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net> writes:
>
>> How did you upgrade? Using portupgrade? If yes, then what flag(s) did
>> you  use?
>
> I first tried a "portupgrade -a"  then on those that failed, I tried
> them individually with "portupgrade appname", then when that failed, I
> (in vain) tried building directly from the port directory.  No flags.
>
> So I'm not sure where it's picking upt he un-dashed library names.

It's why I am not trusting on 'portupgrade -a', because not all
dependencies/apps have been bumped so you need to tell portupgrade to
force rebuild all apps by using -af or -afr or something like that. The
pointyhat successed built gnomedb fine with all new stuff.

I have chosen removed all apps and reinstall everything as what in
UPDATING has suggested; it's a lot faster than portupgrade.

Cheers,
Mezz

FreeBSD GNOME Team