HEADS UP: Ports tree is now frozen

Kris Kennaway kris at obsecurity.org
Thu Feb 23 02:07:55 PST 2006

On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 01:57:09AM -0800, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 03:45:43AM -0500, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > There are currently many ports that are known to be broken.  The main
> > purpose of freezing the tree is so that developers can focus on this
> > situation, so please check
> >
> >   http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/
> >
> > and work on submitting fixes for some of the ports broken on these two
> > branches.  Many of them require only a few minutes of care and
> > attention from a loving developer, and they'll be as good as new!!
>
> In the case of the port I maintain (www/suphp), it apparently doesn't
> build on sparc64 due to a dep. problem.  Upon visiting:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~fenner/errorlogs/freebsd@jdc.parodius.com.html

That page isn't canonical, i.e. it's quickly outdated.  portsmon is
better, but there are still occasions when it gets out of date
compared to the source, pointyhat.  If you don't see something
listed on pointyhat, i.e. in your case listed here:

  http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/sparc64-6-failure.html

then chances are it's not failing.

Kris