Cross compiling FreeBSD ports

Ajay.Matai at nokia.com Ajay.Matai at nokia.com
Wed Feb 22 12:27:09 PST 2006

Hi,
I wanted to find out if FreeBSD ports has the infrastructure to
cross-compile the packages.
The target platform for me would be x86 based one.
The host is also x86 running FreeBSD 6.0

Especifically, trying to find out when "make" runs configure script for
a given package, can it ask configure to look into a separate place for
libraries, header files instead of using ones available on the host.

My apologies, if this has been discussed before, but my search in mail
archives and google did not turn up much.

Thanks,
Ajay.