PHP issues

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Mon Feb 20 08:07:14 PST 2006

> I am having problems with PHP recognizing that it extensions compiled with it.
> Recently, I noticed that I could not interface with my mysql database through
> php script. After double checking the script variables, I used phpinfo() to
> see if the extensions were recongized.  Some were there (bz2, ctype, date,
> dom, fileinfo, and gd). . I used the php5 extensions meta port to install the
> extensions. These are the extensions that are located in extensions.ini. I
> have reinstalled the extensions and apache22 several times with no joy. Can
> anyone help.

My ideas with comments:

This sounds like it could be an ldconfig issue.  ldconfig framework
changed recently, specifically in regards to MySQL.  Others on this list
should be able to chime in here with details on that.

If you're building PHP as an Apache module: is PHP 5.1.2 even compatible
with Apache 2.2?  APR changed (again, sigh) as of Apache 2.2, and many
third-party server modules no longer work.  Is PHP part-of this list?

Finally, is there anything in your Apache ErrorLog which helps?  Missing
symbols would be a good indicator...

| Making life hard for others since 1977.                             |