amd64 and -fPIC

pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 19 21:00:11 PST 2006

--- Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> ha scritto:

> The best solution is to make the port also build a shared version;
> it's usually not that difficult to modify the makefile.  That way you
> don't have to add nasty hacks.

The problem is that it's too many ports. I just went through the terrible
nightmare of building ten packages that use GNU configure (and in some cases
don't like to pick CFLAGS from the ports Makefile). Yes the original packages
are broken, but since they work on i386 no one else cares.

Right now I prefer to do this and let the author of the package know there's an
"issue" on amd64.

cheers,

    Pedro.