FreeBSD Port: lang/{*pnet*, treecc, libjit} update request

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Fri Feb 17 12:46:49 PST 2006

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 21:16:54 +0100 Rainer Größlinger wrote:

> The ports are straight forward and all the checks etc. in them are for
> specific architectures I can't test (like sparc64) - so I don't think
> I'd be any help as it would only be a simple version bump +
> architecture testing for those things which are currently not
> enabled. Someone with access to those architectures and commit access
> to the ports needs to look at this. All I could do is submit a diff
> with one change: version number ;-)

Rainer,

you are wrong here. You may do the main work at your favourite
platform:

o  fetch new files;
o  create new distinfo;
o  update Makefile accordingly;
o  test old patches (maybe write new);
o  edit pkg-plist file;
o  do build/install/deinstall/package testing;
o  create patch and send-pr it.

And at last a committer will check the patch on other platforms. But
it were _you_ who did the main work!

If you have quiestions on that (well, not very easy) way, you may ask
them here. Somebody will help you. It is a way how FreeBSD is going
on.

> Mark Linimon wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 06:29:04PM +0100, Rainer Größlinger wrote:
> >> Would be cool if someone could take care of these packages.
> > If you're using them, you are currently the most logical choice :-)

WBR
--
Boris B. Samorodov, Research Engineer
InPharmTech Co,     http://www.ipt.ru