FreeBSD Port: linux-opera-8.51.20051114

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Thu Feb 16 09:37:26 PST 2006

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:39:35 -0600, Antonio Mattana
<antonio.mattana at correios.net.br> wrote:

> Dear port manager,
>
> I have installed linux-opera in order to access flash and java contents
> but it fails to reach websites by name.

All domains or just one?

> It does reach eg, 200.160.2.3 however.
> I've followed instructions in FreeBSD handbook, but that
> didn't work. Is there any hint you could give me, please?

If it's one, then not much I can do as it sounds like you need to wait for
DNS to be update or whatever. Another way can be done by modify your hosts
file or so, but I would wait for DNS update. I image that if you try
another browser and you should get same result.

Cheers,
Mezz

> Thank you for your attention!
>
> Antonio Mattana