(forw) [emiel@rednode.nl: lighttpd port (1.4.10) + LDAP (FreeBSD 5.3)]

Emiel van de Laar emiel at rednode.nl
Wed Feb 15 11:52:40 PST 2006

Dear list,

scholz.net seems to be down so the following mail to the lighttpd
maintainer bounced. I'm dropping it here to see if it gets picked
up.

Thanks,

Emiel van de Laar

----- Forwarded message from Emiel van de Laar <emiel at rednode.nl> -----

Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 20:38:25 +0100
From: Emiel van de Laar <emiel at rednode.nl>
To: hendrik at scholz.net
Subject: lighttpd port (1.4.10) + LDAP (FreeBSD 5.3)

Hello Hendrik,

Tonight I've been trying to get lighttpd working with mod_auth and the
LDAP backend. It appears thought that LDAP support is not getting built
even though I specifiy the WITH_OPENLDAP option.

config.log gives us an idication of what is going on.

--8<--

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

It was created by lighttpd configure 1.4.10, which was
generated by GNU Autoconf 2.59.  Invocation command line was

  $ ./configure --libdir=/usr/local/lib/lighttpd --with-openssl
  --with-openssl-includes=/usr/include --with-openssl-libs=/usr/lib
  --with-ldap --disable-ipv6 --prefix=/usr/local
  --build=i386-portbld+-freebsd5.3

configure:22615: checking for LDAP support
configure:22625: result: yes
configure:22628: checking for ldap_bind in -lldap
configure:22658: cc -o conftest -O -pipe -march=athlon-xp  -D_REENTRANT
-D__EXTENSIONS__  -rpath=/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib conftest.c -lldap   >&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lldap

--8<--

I have openldap server and client installed...

spitfire% pkg_info | grep -i ldap
cyrus-sasl-ldapdb-2.1.21 SASL LDAPDB auxprop plugin
openldap-client-2.2.30 Open source LDAP client implementation
openldap-server-2.2.30 Open source LDAP server implementation

spitfire% locate ldap.so
/usr/local/lib/libldap.so

I could spend the time to get all this working manually, but I'd rather
work with you to get the port working.

If you need any more info, please don't hesitate. I'd like to get
this working.

Thanks in advance,

Emiel van de Laar

----- End forwarded message -----