please check your ports, pre-install vs pre-su-install

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Wed Feb 15 02:48:13 PST 2006

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 11:01:49AM +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Luigi Rizzo <rizzo at icir.org> wrote:
>
> > or that you consider the two targets redundant and just default
> > to one (pre-install with additional credential switch) should be enough ?
> > I may agree with the latter.
>
> I don't. Try to test a port on one of the FreeBSD machines (on an
> architecture you don't have yourself). You aren't root there.

alex, i don't understand your point.

The issue, as far as i can tell, is that we have two pre-install
targets, one run before and one after the credentials switch,
and the question was whether there is a real need to have both,
or just the latter suffices.

My position was that probably one can consider the pre-no-su-install
step as part of the 'build' target, but maybe i am missing something ?

	cheers
	luigi