Does a port contain 'kdict'?

Craig Boston craig at yekse.gank.org
Tue Feb 14 19:29:53 PST 2006

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 04:48:53PM -0500, Brian Reichert wrote:
> Cool!  Thanks!
>
> Now, a question for the masses:
>
> How _should_ I have learned that this port contained kdict?  Is
> there a master database somewhere of 'pkg_info -L' indexed somewhere?

I tend to prefer

find /usr/ports -name 'pkg-plist' -exec grep -H kdict \{\} \;

That won't find it if it's in a port that uses a dynamic or
Makefile-swallowed plist, but I find it gets what I'm looking for 98% of
the time.  Now I'm sure someone will post a much more efficient method
using xargs or some such :)

Craig