portmaster [was: New /bin/sh based script to manage ports]
hans at lambermont.dyndns.org
Tue Feb 14 13:35:29 PST 2006
Doug Barton wrote:
> I've been working on a new script to manage ports. I've put up a web
> page about it at http://people.freebsd.org/~dougb/portmaster.html
> Comments welcome,
You asked for it ;-)
- Read in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf, use HOLD_PKGS, ALT_PKGDEP,
MAKE_ARGS, BEFOREDEINSTALL, AFTERINSTALL
This makes is far easier for users to switch from portupgrade to
- New option to 'make config' on all target ports before starting the
This should make it possible to have large uninterrupted builds.
- New option for -l : draw a dependency graph of the entire build order.
- New option to show what would be done and in what order, a.k.a. 'dryrun'.
And minor :
- New option to echo portmaster script version.
- Add http://dougbarton.us/portmaster.html url to usage().
Oh, and thanks for writing portmaster :) Keep up the good work.
Any plans for a sysutils/portmaster port ?
More information about the freebsd-ports