Syntax of the INDEX file

Jona Joachim jona.joachim at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 05:12:59 PST 2006

Hi!
I have a question concerning the syntax of the index file at the top of
the ports tree.

I read in a comment in bsd.port.mk (line 4827) that it should look like
this:

distribution-name|port-path|installation-prefix|comment| \
description-file|maintainer|categories|extract-depends| \
patch-depends|fetch-depends|build-depends|run-depends|www site

However, this is not the case. I found out empirically that it looks
like this:

distribution-name|port-path|installation-prefix|comment| \
description-file|maintainer|categories|build-depends| \
run-depends|www site|extract-depends|patch-depends|fetch-depends

Is that correct?