Maintaining Ports

Ulrich Spoerlein q at galgenberg.net
Fri Feb 10 10:33:20 PST 2006

Fernan Aguero wrote:
>cp -R /usr/ports/category/your_port /some/place/
>diff -ruN /usr/ports/category/your_port /some/place/your_port > your_port.diff
>send-pr -a your_port.diff

This is all nice and well, but we have devel/porttools which make this
process (especially filling out the PR) easier. I directly check the
port out of cvs, so I'm sure I work with an uptodate version.

% cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at anoncvs.at.freebsd.org:/home/ncvs co <port>
% cd <port> && hack it
% port submit (from devel/porttools, will automatically generate the PR)

hth
Ulrich Spoerlein
--
  PGP Key ID: 20FEE9DD				Encrypted mail welcome!
Fingerprint: AEC9 AF5E 01AC 4EE1 8F70  6CBD E76E 2227 20FE E9DD