PREFIX problems...

Sam Lawrance lawrance at FreeBSD.org
Fri Feb 10 05:16:17 PST 2006

On 11/02/2006, at 12:09 AM, Anders Troback wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 14:26:01 +0200
> Vasil Dimov <vd at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> I have now:-)
>
> That fixed it!
>
> Is this a "legal" way to go?

No, it's best that you don't set PREFIX (especially like that - what
happens if someone comes along and does "make install PREFIX=/usr/
opt"?).

Just passing PREFIX in CONFIGURE_ARGS may not be enough.  You should
probably also do:

MAKE_ENV+=	PREFIX=${PREFIX}/${PORTNAME}

Otherwise, the submake will get PREFIX=${PREFIX} (which is why your
port installed into /usr/local).