Firefox upload mimetypes

Jochen Haemmerle mail at jhaemmerle.org
Wed Feb 8 23:31:41 PST 2006

Hi,
thanks for you quick reply

> > I try to upload a zip-file to a webapplication and firefox sets the
> > mimetype of the submitted content to "application/octetstream"
> > instead of
> > using "application/zip" or "application/x-zip". The webapp doesn't
> > accept
> > the "octetstream" mimetype. It expects "zip" or "x-zip"
> > Using Konqueror(kde 3.5.1) it works just fine.
> > Is there any way how I can configure my firefox to use these
> > mimetypes?
>
> you sure it wasn't the web server that set it ?

Well, as said, it works with Konqueror. I also managed to get my hand on a
Windows box with Firefox 1.0.7 works also fine. Even IE was doing the right
things. Thats why I don't think it is the web server.
Afaik, for the upload the client/browser has to set the mimetype. Wouldn't
make much sense the other way round since every content is some sort of
octetstream.

Cheers
Jochen