MySQL with SSL

Jeffrey Williams jeff at sailorfej.net
Wed Feb 8 11:02:17 PST 2006

I have FreeBSD 6 with mysql41-server that was installed via ports
with-out SSL.

I want to enable SSL connections on this server, and want advice on the
best way to handle it.  And yes there are several active databases in
use on this server.

Should I run "make deinstall" first and then rebuild and install with
with the "WITH_OPENSSL" or is it ok to just rebuild with "WITH_OPENSSL"
and use "make reinstall".

I want to minimize the time the database server is offline, and while I
will be backing up the databases regardless, if I can get away with a
just a restart and not having to restore the databases, some of which
are quite large, it would be nice.

Thanks
Jeffrey Williams