Maintaining Ports

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at people.tecnik93.com
Tue Feb 7 11:59:29 PST 2006

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 19:48:09 +0000
Joe Holden <joe at joeholden.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello, how would I go about maintaining a port, I'm not currently a
> committer, however am interested in becoming one.  What is the
> process required?

You do not need to be a commiter to maintain a port.

There are around 4000 unmaintained ports so you can choose one or more
of them or you can make a port for something that we don't have in the
Ports Collection.

The Porters Handbook
(/usr/share/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/index.html)
and /usr/ports/Mk/* are your references.

As for becoming a commiter, I'll let one of them explain the deep magic
involved :)

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"