FreeBSD Port: bacula-server-1.38.5_1 rc scripts

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sat Feb 4 08:21:36 PST 2006

Trix Farrar wrote:
> Doug Barton wrote:
>>> I assume from what you've written here that you
>>> have 3 separate rc.d scripts for these 3 separate services, is that correct?
>
> Yes, there is a different script for each service.

Ok, that sounds great, thanks!

> Because they are so
> similar, though, they all source a common file (bacula.subr) for
> function definitions.

I presume that this file is in PREFIX/etc, not etc/rc.d, is that right? Only
the scripts themselves should be in the rc.d directory.

> In the same vein, the configuration options can all be read from a
> single /etc/rc.conf.d/bacula file.

That leads to an interesting question. Should we add support for a local
rc.conf.d directory? Very few services use this directory now, so I've
hesitated to tweak it, but theoretically support would be easy to add, and
would provide an easier way to set defaults for more complex scripts (as you
already know).

Ideas?

Doug