autotools problems

Mike Durian durian at shadetreesoftware.com
Fri Dec 29 15:01:39 PST 2006

Again, this relates to my working trying to build sipX.  Though FreeBSD
already has almost all the dependancies required by sipX, it is
missing mod_cplusplus (http://modcplusplus.sourceforge.net/).

I've tried building this outside of the ports system without luck.
The distribution does not come with a configure script, so I need
to make one using the auto tools, or the autogen.sh script
included with the source that runs the various autotools.

I have added /usr/local/gnu-autotools/bin to the head of my PATH, but
get errors about:
	macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
	Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
	etc.
I've seen posts where other people have reported similar erros,
but I've never seen a solution.  I have re-installed all autotool and
gnu-auto* ports and verified there is nothing too stale in
/usr/local/share/aclocal.

I thought maybe I'd have better luck making this into a port and
trying it that way (so it would use the versioned autotools).  But
it doesn't behave any better.

I'm attaching a rough-cut (no packing list, not sure what it installs,
etc.) at a port in the hopes someone else can take a look at this
and sort out my autotools problems.

Thanks,
mike