Can't reply to Scott

Scott Bennett bennett at cs.niu.edu
Wed Dec 27 19:32:05 PST 2006

     On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 13:43:17 +0100 Armin Arh <armin at pubbox.net> wrote

>I get the following error each time i group reply to Scott's posts.
>Is it just me, or doesn't cs.niu.edu like to receive mails in general?
>
>-----
>  bennett at cs.niu.edu
>    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<bennett at cs.niu.edu>:
>    host mp.cs.niu.edu [131.156.145.41]: 550 5.7.1 <bennett at cs.niu.edu>... Access denied

     Sorry for the inconvenience to you, Armin.  The system where I deal
with email is heavily targeted with massmail, and the system administrator
consequently blocks mail from address ranges that have caused problems and
have either no functioning abuse or postmaster address or do not respond
to reports.  Most likely there was at some time a problem originating on
pubbox.net for which he was unable to obtain a satisfactory resolution.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG