Setting mount options in HAL

Csaba Molnar molnarcs at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 12:22:34 PST 2006

Hello folks!

I noticed that more mount options to vfat and ntfs have been added in the
latest update to HAL. My question is: how can I set longnames for vfat? I
haven't found any docs on this, though I found the option in
20-storage-methods.fdi.

I need this because I have two memory sticks. The one that came with my phone
(a SanDisk Memory Stick PRO Duo 512Mb) works perfectly without any options -
long filenames are displayed properly. The new one I bought recently doesn't
display long filenames unless I mount it with the longnames option (I have no
idea why, it's the same brand, and a tried to reformat it with my phone as
well as in windows, and it still needs that option). I use a card reader to
mount these sticks.

Any help would be appreciated!