Problem with USE_RC_SUBR

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Mon Dec 25 13:15:34 PST 2006

--On December 25, 2006 8:30:39 AM -0700 Aaron Dalton <aaron at FreeBSD.org>
wrote:

> I am trying to fix my net/p5-Spread port and am starting by fixing up
> its dependency net/spread.  I changed USE_RC_SUBR=yes to
> USE_RC_SUBR=spread.sh (which exists in files/) but portlint tells me:
>
> FATAL: Makefile: spread.sh listed in USE_RC_SUBR, but files/spread.sh.in
> is missing.
>
> If I move spread.sh to spread.sh.in, portlint is happy, but it won't
> install.  It dies saying "spread.sh" does not exist.  What is the
> correct way to handle this?

When you use USE_RC_SUBR= scriptname, you no longer need to reference the
script in your Makefile anywhere else *except SUB_LIST if you use special
variables.  RC_SUBR will do all the substitution as well as install the
script in the correct location and uninstall it as well.

So you don't need to doing any sed magic with the script, reference it in
post-install or in plist or doing anything else with it.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst
The University of Texas at Dallas
http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/security/