Submitting a new port with dependancies not in the ports tree

Bill Moran wmoran at collaborativefusion.com
Sun Dec 24 09:26:35 PST 2006

Josh Paetzel <josh at tcbug.org> wrote:

> I'm in the process of writing a port and it has a dependancy that's
> not in the ports tree, so I'm porting that as well.  My question is
> what's the procedure in such a case?  Should I submit them both as
> part of the same pr?  Obviously the one can't be committed without
> the other.

I don't know if there's any "official procedure" on this sort of thing.
But I would submit them as two separate PRs, with references from the
main to the dependency for tracking purposes.

This way, if the dependency goes through easy and the main port raises
some discussion, you can track them separately.

-Bill