HAL with new kdebase (permission problems)

Csaba Molnar molnarcs at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 13:20:20 PST 2006

Hello!

I installed kdebase with HAL support - it is still greyed out in kcontrol, but
seems to work. However, when I try to mount an usb memory stick, it complains
about a permission problem.

Mounting it in a traditional way works. My user is in groups wheel and
operator, vfs.usermount is on, etc. I have hald, dbus and polkitd enabled in
rc.conf, and they are running (as I said, hal seems to work: as soon as I
insert the usb stick, a dialogue appears). I even added my user to group
haldaemon (I remember having to do that on archlinux). What can I do to use
HAL with KDE? I tried looking at policykit and hal config files, but couldn't
figure out if I need to set something there...

Thanks!!