Problem with -pthread linking

Alejandro Pulver alepulver at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 21 11:23:13 PST 2006

Hello.

I was updating the games/r1q2 port which consists of a client
executable (r1q2) that loads the render (ref_gl.so) at run-time with
dlopen(), when I noticed it wasn't able to load it.

The reason is that the render needs SDL, which needs pthread but
neither the render or SDL have a reference to pthread (even though the
render is linked with `sdl-config --libs` which includes '-pthread').

If I link the render with '-lpthread' it adds the reference (is
reported by 'ldd') and works.

Is there a cleaner way to do this?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ale