Per-port compile-time options in portmaster.rc

Freddie Cash fcash at ocis.net
Thu Dec 21 09:16:08 PST 2006

On Wednesday 20 December 2006 02:57 pm, Jeremie Le Hen wrote:
> I checked portmaster manual page for such a feature, but I didn't
> find one.  There is the -m flag, but I have to remember the
> port's compile knob each time I upgrade one.  Furthermore, it is
> really difficult to use both -a and -m at the same time.
>
> Do you have plans about this ?  I would really like to switch from
> portupgrade -- which eats too much resources -- to portmaster on
> my old Pentium II running RELENG_4, but I really need this feature.

Install sysutils/portconf.  This gives you a ports.conf file where you can
put global and per-port configuration options.  This file will be used
regardless of what ports tree manager you use, as it hooked
into /etc/make.conf.

Per-port configuration should not be part of a port upgrade tool.  It
should be handled by the ports tree.  Which is what portconf does.

--
Freddie Cash
fcash at ocis.net