FreeBSD Port: mysql-administrator-1.1.10 does not build on FBSD 6.0 release system

Sergey Matveychuk sem at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 21 05:26:27 PST 2006

Daniel Malaby wrote:
> I get an error when building mysql-administrator. I checked both FBSD
> and mysql lists and did not find any info on this particular error, so I
> was hoping you might be able to point me to some info.
> Any help would be much appreciated.

[skipped]
> In file included from myx_library.c:49:
> /usr/local/include/mysql/m_ctype.h:199: error: syntax error before
> "ATTRIBUTE_FORMAT_FPTR"
> /usr/local/include/mysql/m_ctype.h:342: error: syntax error before
> "ATTRIBUTE_FORMAT"

I think it's because MySQL 5.1 incompatibility.

There is already a new version of mysql administrator. But MySQL AB has
changed a policy for its distribution. Now they merged all MySQL GUI
Tools utilities in one tarball. So I think we need to decide how to make
deal with it with mysql-query-browser port maintainer.

--
Dixi.
Sem.