flash 9

eculp at encontacto.net eculp at encontacto.net
Tue Dec 19 17:46:11 PST 2006

Quoting "eculp at encontacto.net" <eculp at encontacto.net>:

> I wish there were no flash but there is and most all want flash 8 or
> 9 and we have 7 in ports.  I just saw linux flash 9 in adobe in both
> player and plugin.  Has anyone successfully installed the flash 9
> plugin in freebsd 6 or 7?   Could I ask what you had to do?

I forgot to add that I did copy the lobflashplayer.so from the flash 9
plugin to:
/usr/local/lib/npapi/linux-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so

and in linux-opera it worked on some sites and half worked on others.
With linux-firefox, linux-firefox-devel, linux-seamonkey-devel it just
blew away immediately. (crashed)  With linux-flashplugin7 it works for
all the above but may sites ask you to upgrade.