How to properly check for GCC 4.1 in port

Shaun Amott shaun at FreeBSD.org
Mon Dec 18 16:13:21 PST 2006

On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 10:22:13PM +0100, Ed Schouten wrote:

> I'm the maintainer for the net/totd port. This port doesn't compile with
> GCC 4.1. The easiest fix is to add -Wno-pointer-sign to the CFLAGS. GCC
> 3.4 doesn't allow this option. What's the nicest way to add a
> conditional to the port Makefile to check for a GCC version?

Wait until OSVERSION is bumped (i.e. after gcc 4.x is imported) and use
that. There is no variable that tells you the gcc version, as far as I
know.

Alternatively, find a better fix. :-)

--
Shaun Amott // PGP: 0x6B387A9A