How to compile nautilus with debug symbols from ports?

Andrew Reilly andrew at areilly.bpc-users.org
Fri Dec 15 16:11:50 PST 2006

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 11:18:05 -0600
"Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:

> > So: what's happened to nautilus' .core file?  Is there some fancy
> > clean-up mechanism going on?  I imagine so: that must be how
> > bugbuddy gets invoked in the first place.  Can this be overriden
> > so that I can get a core file to point gdb at?
> >
> > Secondly: is there a convenient port-build global knob for
> > turning on debugging symbols?  Anything more complicated than
> > CFLAGS+=-g in /etc/make.conf?
>
> See in http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/develfaq.html#q3 for what to put
> in make.conf.

STRIP=, to stop the symbol tables from being stripped.  However
that isn't going to help, because we have to track a completely
different "developer" GNOME repository in order to get something
that will actually dump a core when it bombs...

I'm afraid that last part sounds like too much trouble for this
marginally interested user.  Sorry.

--
Andrew