Patch for 'expect'

Shaun Amott shaun at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 14 11:35:36 PST 2006

On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 11:45:40PM -0700, Eric Brunson wrote:

> I'm brand new to the FreeBSD community coming from years on Solaris and
> AIX, so I don't know the "channels" through which to push this.  It's a
> very simple patch, 3 lines of code change, context diff drops right into
> /usr/ports/lang/expect/files.  I also have test cases that show the
> behavior before and after the patch.
>
> I've already sent the patch to the maintainers of expect at NIST for
> inclusion upstream, if you'd rather wait for their reaction to it, I
> understand.  But since it's a drop in fix I thought I'd offer it for
> inclusion in the ports tree to fix the problem locally until then.
>
> If I'm out of line, please let me know, like I said, I'm new and I'm
> unsure how to proceed.

Hi Eric,

This list is perfectly suited to this kind of discussion. Sending a
problem report is also a good way to make sure your patch is not lost or
forgotten.

I'm the current maintainer of the expect port, and the issue of the pty
limit has been raised before (in private) -- and I have already added a
patch to the port to fix it.

I hadn't sent the patch upstream though; thanks for that!

Since you don't seem to already have the fixed port, I guess you
have probably got an old ports tree (from the last release?).

Shaun

--
Shaun Amott // PGP: 0x6B387A9A
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin