sysutils/xbattbar for !i386

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 00:57:16 PST 2006

On 12/12/06, Scot Hetzel <swhetzel at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/12/06, Rong-En Fan <rafan at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > Recently, I installed a FreeBSD/amd64 laptop. I found this port
> > uses apm (i386 only) interface to get battery information. The
> > patch below changes it to use sysctl(3). Thus, it is usable on
> > amd64.
> >
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~rafan/xbattbar.diff
> >
> > It works on my ThinkPad X60 (-CURRENT). If you are running this
> > port, please have a test.
> >
> Works on my HP dv8135nr (-CURRENT) system.

I have updated the patch so that it can be compiled for systems that
have either an APM or ACPI interface for battery status.

The Makefile has been changed to always use the ACPI interface when
not being built on the i386 arch (i.e. amd64, ...).  On the i386 arch
it defaults to ACPI, but can be changed via the options menu to use
APM.

Scot

--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.